From Among the Punishments of Sins:
– There is the weakening of the journey to Allaah and the (blessed) abode of the Hereafter.
– There is the stoppage of blessings and the lowering of punishments.
– A servant is living in a state of fear, dread and loneliness.
– The heart is turned away from a condition of healthiness and correctness to that of illness and deviation.
– The heart becomes blind and its light is extinguished.
– The removal of status, honor and respect in the sight of Allaah and His creation.
– A decrease in one’s intellect.
– The blessings of long-life, provisions, knowledge, deeds and obedience are blotted out.
– The various species of creation confront the servant with injury.
– The servant forgets himself.
Source: Sins and Their Punishments – by Ibnul Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah (rahimahullaah) pg. 29